Remove this ad

UWorlds

Site Admin

Lead

Feb 23 16 5:23 PM

Tags : :

The current ION Rumble is the Kanto Classic Rumble.  Rules and signups for this rumble start on this post.

Hey guys.  I'm going to try running something different that the usual league events we have here.  So far, most of our tournaments and leagues have been spaced out to give players enough time to schedule matches with their opponents to battle.  Well for those who have more free time and want to get more battles in, how about in addition to this, we periodically have mini, fast-paced tournaments that take place over the course of a weekend?  Well that is what I'm proposing here.

This is what I'm thinking.  In the interest of ensuring that this tournament doesn't get the chance to drag on, it will cap out at 8 people.  I will take the first eight to signup, but anyone after that will be put on a waiting list in case someone has to back out or doesn't show up.  Also, if you're on the waiting list and don't get in on this tournament, you will have a reserved spot in the next ION Rumble if you so choose.  That way, everyone that is interested can partake in this, even if it's not every week.

The tournament will be single elimination, and each matchup will be decided by just one battle (no best 2 out of 3).  As of right now I don't have any specific deadlines for each stage of the tournament, but I reserve the right to eliminate players or award byes to anyone who is unable to get their matches in on a timely manner.  That way, things can move along at a decent pace.

I will be running one of these mini-tournaments this weekend, taking signups between now and Thursday night.  On Friday morning I will form a tournament bracket, and players can have their battles at their own pace, with the goal in having the tournament finish by Sunday evening.  If this is successful, I would like to run one of these every 1-2 weeks with varying themes.  But for this tournament, standard ION rules will apply, and they will be conducted in singles format.

If any of you are interested, sign up with your friend code below:

Registered Participants:
1. UWorlds
2. Sethyas
3. Ruppy
4. Zero17
5. barracudajones
6. Sandverse
7. PlatinumHowler14
8. custos

Waiting List:

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1977 0441 8035

Last Edited By: UWorlds Mar 3 16 7:58 AM. Edited 9 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

UWorlds

#8 [url]

Feb 24 16 6:58 PM

And with that we have eight people! Awesome guys, thanks for signing up! Howler, since you said you'd be giving your spot up to a 9th if they show up, I put you down under a waiting list slot. That way, if someone else is interested they can have it, otherwise you'll be bumped up to the 8th slot.

Quote    Reply   

UWorlds

#9 [url]

Feb 26 16 8:31 AM

I have decided to change the name from Weekend Rumble to ION Rumble, mostly due to the fact that I won't always be running these on weekends now, since some ION members mentioned that they were interested in joining but were unable to due to work or other obligations on the weekend. This way, the name ION Rumble leaves me room to schedule future rumbles during other parts of the week lol.

Also, it is Friday morning, so I have created the bracket for the first ION Rumble! Here are the pairings for the first round:

Group A: barracudajones vs. PlatinumHowler14
Group B: UWorlds vs. custos
Group C: Sethyas vs. Ruppy
Group D: Zero17 vs. Sandverse

For the semifinals, the winners of Group A and Group B will battle, as will the winners of Group C and Group D. The winners of each of these will face each other in the finals. Like stated above, this rumble is using standard ION rules, conducted in singles with only one match to decide the victor (no best two out of three). Everyone has until Sunday evening to get all of their matches in, but I would prefer that everyone gets their first round matches in by Saturday afternoon if they can.

I have also created a bracket that I will update regularly as matches are reported. Here's the link if anyone would like to follow along: http://challonge.com/IONRumble

Good luck everyone!

Quote    Reply   

UWorlds

#10 [url]

Feb 26 16 9:05 AM

I defeated custos.
6TRW-WWWW-WW3K-E94A

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

UWorlds

#12 [url]

Feb 26 16 1:01 PM

PlatinumHowler14 wrote:
Quick question - we don't have to stick to the same team of 6 throughout the whole tournament, right?

Totally forgot to mention anything about that, sorry.  But no, I will not require players to stick to the same teams, at least for this rumble anyway.

Quote    Reply   

UWorlds

#18 [url]

Feb 29 16 9:12 PM

I won against Ruppy in the finals, thus ending the first ION Rumble.
NXHW-WWWW-WW3L-79QH

Once again, thanks again to all those who participated! It was a lot of fun, and I will be setting up the next one in the next few days. To give you all a heads up, it will be using some variant of Kanto Classic rules, and will likely take place the middle of next week (that way those who work weekends have a chance to participate). I will likely just continue using this topic instead of making a new one for each rumble, so be sure to keep an eye out here for details!

Quote    Reply   

UWorlds

#19 [url]

Mar 2 16 6:57 PM

I am now starting to take signups for the next ION Rumble:  the Kanto Rumble!  It will be taking place next week from Tuesday, March 8th through Thursday, March 10th.

Like the previous rumble, this will be a small tournament that caps at 8 people, single elimination, and one match to decide the winner of each round.  The ruleset will mimic the upcoming Kanto Classic competition that will be taking place this weekend, with a few minor rule changes.  Here are the rules I will be using for this rumble:

-Only the first 149 Pokemon in the National Pokedex can be used (Bulbasaur through Dragonite).
-No Pokemon can hold any items.
-Battles will use the Singles battle format.
-Sleep clause (you may not put more than one of your opponent's Pokemon to sleep at the same time)
-Evasion clause (no Pokemon may use the moves Double Team and Minimize)

The first 8 pepople to sign up will be given spots in this tournament, and anyone who signs up after that will be put on the waiting list.  Anyone on the waiting list will be given a spot in the event one opens up due to a dropout or no-show, and those on the waiting list will be given priority to sign up in the next rumble (the next one will be one using Sky Battle rules, and will take place a week and a half from this one: March 18th-20th).  I personally am just going to put myself on the waiting list, and will only jump in if we need a spot to fill.

Registered Participants:
1. Zero17
2. Ruppy
3. st3lar

Waiting List:
9. UWorlds

Last Edited By: UWorlds Mar 7 16 8:45 AM. Edited 3 times.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help