Tags : :
For those that are unfamiliar with VGC rules, their rules are a bit different than the standard rules we go by here at ION. Here are the official VGC 2016 rules as stated on the official website:
- All battles will be Double Battles played in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire.
- Battle Format will be Doubles, Battle rules will be Flat rules.
- Pokémon brought in via Poké Transporter will not be permitted (the blue pentagon is required). NOTE: I may let this rule slide if most of your Pokemon can't enter because of it (looking at you, Al. lol). However, if a Pokemon is missing the pentagon, its build MUST be legally obtainable with the pentagon. Thus things like Multiscale Lugia (HA Lugia not released in Gen 6 yet) and Sucker Punch Hitmontop (tutor move exclusive to an older generation) will not be permitted.
- All discovered Pokémon will be allowed except the following Mythical Pokémon: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie, and Hoopa. (when we receive Volcanion as an event, it too will be banned, as it is a Mythical Pokemon like the others here)
- Teams may have no more than two of the following Pokémon: Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde.
- All items will be allowed except Soul Dew. Each Pokémon must hold a different item.
At the end of the eight weeks, the top eight players will be entered into a tournament to crown the champion of that season, seeded based on their win-loss ratio. At this time, each player will choose a team to enter the tournament with, and must stick to that same team throughout the tournament (including items, movesets, EVs, etc.). Matchups in the tournament will be decided by best out of three.
Once the season is over, the plan is to take a small break for a couple weeks before moving on to the next season. Tweaks to the league format may be made in between seasons as needed, but nothing will change while a season is currently being played out.
I believe that's everything. With that, anyone who is interested in participating should post a reply with your friend code and In-Game Name (IGN). I will update the following list with all registered players, and once we have enough to start up, we'll move from there.
UWorlds (IGN: Aya) - 1977-0441-8035
Ruppy (IGN: Ruppy) - 1865-1641-0005
Zero17 (IGN: Zero) - 5300-8804-8912
Sandverse (IGN: Sam) - 4597-0706-6662
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1977 0441 8035
Last Edited By: UWorlds Feb 13 16 12:43 PM. Edited 6 times