Remove this ad

Lead

Jul 11 14 1:20 PM

Tags : :

So, I've been spending some time lately thinking (and discussing with Zero) how we can get some more people in on the IPL. I decided to make this its own thread so it doesn't clutter up the league thread. I want this to be a brainstorming session of sorts. Feel free to throw out any and all ideas for discussion.

This is also something we need as many people on as possible. The more reach we have, the better our chances of getting new people involved.

I've tried recruiting on the PAX Pokemon League forums, which is the one community outside of ION that I've really frequented. The only person we got from there was Steven. It's not as much of a competitive crew, so that may be part of the reason why. People have liked the recap posts on Wordpress, but no one has ventured in from there. Same with Facebook and Twitter.

Zero mentioned Reddit, but I'm really not familiar with it, so if someone could point me in the right direction there, or could help spread the word there, that would be cool.

The basic idea is how we can get the league out there in the hopes of attracting more people in. The one thing I want to stress is that I don't want to break any rules in doing this. I know many communities (such as Serebii and Smogon) have rules against advertising external sites. I don't want people assoicating ION with trolls.

So, with that said, any thoughts or ideas on this would be great.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Aug 1 14 12:32 PM

I told this to Al and Zero, but I made an account on the Serebii forums. I'm not just posting about the Ion league. I have the link to here in my signature there. I'm just trying to post a bit there and battle with some of the people there to maybe get established. Then hopefully I can steer some people over here.

I was thinking that maybe others could do that too. It might make the Ion league look better if there are more than one player from it over there too. It's just a thought, but hopefully it can help get more people here.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Aug 1 14 12:41 PM

Siegfried wrote:
I told this to Al and Zero, but I made an account on the Serebii forums. I'm not just posting about the Ion league. I have the link to here in my signature there. I'm just trying to post a bit there and battle with some of the people there to maybe get established. Then hopefully I can steer some people over here.

I was thinking that maybe others could do that too. It might make the Ion league look better if there are more than one player from it over there too. It's just a thought, but hopefully it can help get more people here.

This is a good idea. I have an account over there, but I don't think I've ever posted. I looked into posting over there when I was looking for ways to advertise the league, but it's against their posting rules to flat out advertise external sites. I'm all for whatever we can do to attract for more people here, so long as we do it the right way. Establishing yourself (our ourselves, if others join in on this), is a solid idea. Might bring some new people in, and at the least, you might make some friends there, which is never a bad thing.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help