Remove this ad

Lead

May 5 14 9:47 AM

Tags : :

This thread will be used to determine the interest of doing a Duos division in the IPL. I'll be updating this post with confirmation of people who are in for it. Once we have 8 people, we'll start to go forward with it. Here's the quick rundown of the basic idea.

Confirmed Interest:
Me
Steven
Ruppy
Kira

-Players will join up in teams of 2 and compete in Multi battles. Player will pick their own teams.

-Players will have a Duo battle once every 2 weeks. This should give the 4 players enough time to coordinate a time to get a battle in.

-Duo championship matches will take place at the end of every 2 months.

-All other rules and procedures will follow along with the general IPL rules and procedures.

If there's anything I'm missing or that needs to be looked at, post it and we'll discuss it.

If I missed anyone or included someone I shouldn't have, let me know. Like I said, once we get 8, we'll move forward with this.

Last Edited By: IONAurethious Feb 29 16 9:05 AM. Edited 4 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

UWorlds

#1 [url]

May 5 14 9:52 AM

Re: ION Pokémon League Duos Division

I'm already on the list, but I'm reconfirming that I'm still interested in this.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1977 0441 8035

Quote    Reply   

Zero17

#3 [url]

May 6 14 11:18 AM

I have an idea to change up the rules a bit for the teams.
Instead of everyone pairing up in teams of 2 and staying that way, what if we
have it setup so the teams are instead chosen at random and that no one is matched up
with the same trainer as a team member for until after the Championship matches.

This way we will have a lot more different battling going on with trainers getting to know each other and
their battle strength and weaknesses. I think this will definitely keep things interesting.
Thoughts everyone?

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

May 6 14 11:42 AM

I don't know if I ever fleshed out the team mechanic or not, but if not, I'll do it here. This was my original thought.

Players would choose their own teams. These teams would remain together until the players decided to break them up. Teams would accumulate points in the exact manner as the league works now with one team standing atop the division as Champions. Pretty straight forward and simple.

I'll give my thoughts here on what Mike has suggested. I'm not a fan of the random teaming dynamic. I do like the idea that it might allow players to get to know one another better, but that can be accomplished through discussion here rather than forced teaming. I think that the division should be set up to reward those who function well as a team. With the random pairing idea, I think the general idea would be that the two trainers who have accumulated the most wins or points in Duos matches would be paired together to take on the Champions. It just feels clunky to me and not in line with the concept of teams.

That's just my opinion on it. If an overwhelming majority of people would rather do some sort of random teaming concept, then we can explore that route.

As an aside, I'm not totally against the random pairing idea for a special event. It probably deserves it's own thread, but I've been thinking of possibly doing some sort of themed events every once in a while in the league to switch things up a little. This could be one where players are randomly paired for teams and the winners move on to some sort of set up and then winner would get some bonus points or a guaranteed title match to be cashed in whenever they want or something like that. I know that was very vague but it needs serious thought and tinkering to figure out how to make it work.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

May 6 14 12:53 PM

im not entirely sure about entering this right now I've become way too pokemoned out between this vgc, the april friendly and im going into the may interantional I'm getting a little tired. (like seriously i've been playing bravely default all week) so i might or might not do this.

3ds fc: 3007-8684-9639
Safari: combee illumise pinsir (yeah i know it sucks)

XBL/Nintendo Net: St3lar

PSN: EffYooSeaCay23

Quote    Reply   

UWorlds

#6 [url]

May 7 14 3:17 PM

I personally would prefer us to have the ability to pick our own teammates rather than it be random, but that's just me.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1977 0441 8035

Quote    Reply   

custos

#7 [url]

May 7 14 9:08 PM

I am interested

Let the games begin!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#10 [url]

Feb 22 16 6:36 AM

Now that we have 15 people in the league, I'm reviving this idea. Would people be interested in a duo component to the IPL? I'm scrapping the old votes since they were from 2 years ago. If you're interested and posted before, please post again.

Last Edited By: IONAurethious Feb 22 16 6:40 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Feb 29 16 8:06 PM

I'm interested. sounds like an interesting idea and I've never really done multi battles before so it'll be fun to try!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help