Remove this ad

Lead

Feb 14 14 10:12 AM

Tags : :

NOTE: If you're here after May 1, 2016, we've moved to our new forum: http://www.iongamecorner.com/#!forum/c21nl

This is the official thread for the ION Pokémon League. Players are welcome to join at any time. Check out this post for the rules and procedures of the IPL and for how to join.

For the latest recaps/videos and standings, go to: http://iongamecorner.wordpress.com/category/ion-pokemon-league/

Registered Players - Name (Forum Name) - Friend Code (Contact methods listed are for preferred communication avenues to circumvent troublesome forum PM notifications.)

Alexander (IONAurethious) - 1993-7579-0707
     -Contact 1: Facebook - facebook.com/albasler
     -Contact 2: Forum PM
Zero (Zero17) - 5300-8804-8912
     -Contact 1: Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007583139955&fref=ts
Jeff (Hageshii01) - 2251-4229-2657
Custos (custos) - 4227-2106-9300
     -Contact 1: Email - jeremyfontes at yahoo dot com
     -Contact 2: Text - 508-813-6423
     -Contact 3: Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.fontes.12
Steven (UWorlds) - 1977-0441-8035
Andy (xDactyl) - 1332-8994-9192
     -Contact 1: Facebook - www.facebook.com/fuggin
     -Contact 2: Reddit - www.reddit.com/u/xdactyl
Michael (OverlordKira2) - 2723-8388-9445
     -Contact 1: Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/michael.amaral.963
AJ (st3lar) - 3007-8684-9639
Lance (Siegfried) - 0147-0756-9883
     -Contact 1: Forum PM
     -Contact 2: Email - lancesiegfried at gmail dot com
Connor (barracudajones) - 0404-8134-9948
     -Contact 1: Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/connor.obrien
Howler (PlatinumHowler14) - 2707-2937-4866
     -Contact 1: Email - jokrafka at shaw dot ca
     -Contact 2: Twitch PM - PlatinumHowler14
Sethyas (Sethyas) - 1091-8006-5971
     -Contact 1: Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/ben.sorgman
Cody (Chilipot) - 3136-7091-2845
     -Contact 1: codycody1995 at gmail dot com
     -Conatct 2: Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004814496987
Draexzhan (Draexzhan) - 2019-9920-7937
     -Contact 1: Skype - Draexzhan
     -Contact 2: Reddit - Draexzhan
TeslaMouse (TeslaMouse) - 5043-3980-4842
     -Contact 1 - Twitter - @TeslaMouse
     -Contact 2 - Forum PM
Lindomar (thelindomar) - 4012-6335-9125
     -Contact 1 - Email - lindomarobiana at hotmail dot com
     -Contact 2 - Facebook - Lindomar Obiana
Erkenhelm (Erkenhelm) - 0705-3458-6213
    -Contact 1 - Twitter - @Erkenhelm
    -Contact 2 - Email - desrosc at gmail dot com
Delmaru (Delmaru) - 1564-2737-5175
    -Contact 1 - Skype - delmaru999
   -Contact 2 - Forum PM
Ruppy (Rippy) - 1865-1641-0005
     -Contact 1 - Email - rupprocker at hotmail dot com
     -Contact 2 - Forum PM
Alec (Alec) - 3866-8506-4486
    -Contact 1 - Forum PM
    -Contact 2 - Email - saberlover33 at gmail dot com
Michael Day (fryday) - 3626-0623-5362
    -Conatct 1 - https://www.facebook.com/mike.day.7792
    -Contact 2 - Email - michael67day at gmail dot com
Chibi (Chibi Pika) - 1246-9044-4508
    -Contact 1 - Skype - chibi_pika
Sandverse (Sandverse) - 4597-0706-6662
   -Contact 1 - Forum PM
  -Contact 2 - Email - sandverse at outlook dot com
Gambit (Gambit) - 1865-2799-2908
   -Contact 1 - Text - 413-2046705
  -Contact 2 - https://www.facebook.com/DanteScorpius
Agent G (zombieslayer) - 5413-0454-0355

League Procedures

-The ION Pokémon League will be a competition conducted over the 6th Generation Pokémon games, X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire.

-If a player only has X/Y, an opponent with OR/AS must make their team X/Y compatible for that battle.

-Players will compete for the title of IPL World Champion in a King of the Mountain style competition. Each month, players will compete to determine who will receive the next shot at the Champion, with the title defense occurring at the end of the month.

-If there are enough players to warrant a two-division system, the IPL Interregional Championship will be created.

-Players will have 1 battle per week. The first three weeks are to determine positioning. The player with the highest point total going into the last week of the month will be granted a title match to take place during the last week of the month. That week, all other players will be matched up based on points rankings with double the points on the line.

-A win during the first 3 weeks of the month (4 in the event of a month that has 5 weekends, like August 2014) is worth 2 points and a draw is worth 1 point. During the last week of the month (defined by the last weekend being in that month), a win in a non-title match is worth 4 points and a draw is worth 2 points. Champions do not accumulate points while they are a Champion, but will partake in non-title matches during the first 3 weeks of the month (unless there is an odd number of players in the league/division).

-If there are an odd number of players in the league, the Champion will be scheduled to face the player with the lowest point total in the league in an Underdog Bonus Battle. The non-champion player will receive 2 points for winning this battle. Players will no receive points for this battle if their regularly scheduled battle for the week is not played.

-If there are an odd number of players in the league, 3 players will be selected during the last week of the month to have a triangle match to ensure that no player is left out of a chance to get points that week. If there is a 3-way tie in points, unless that tie is for the #1 Contender spot, those 3 players will be in the triangle match. If there is no tie, or the only tie is in the #1 Contender spot, then the lowest 3 ranking trainers will be in the triangle match.

-A triangle match will feature 3 players. Each trainer will face the other two trainers in the triangle match once. A win in a triangle match battle will earn a player 2 points. So, each player has the opportunity to earn 4 points, should he/she win both battles. Best 2 out of 3 matches are not allowed in triangle matches.

-If a Challenger loses a title match, his/her points are reduced to zero. If a Champion loses a title match, the Challenger becomes the Champion and the former Champion resumes normal competition with zero points.

-If we have an Interregional Champion, he/she may "cash in" that championship to get an automatic World Title match. If the Interregional Champ loses that match, he/she then stays in the World division and competes there with points reset at 0. A new Interregional Champion would then be crowned at the end of the current month between the top 2 in the rankings of that division.

-If the Interregional Champion successfully defends the title 5 times, he/she will be forced to relinquish the title and move up to the World division and will be granted a World Title match as outlined in the previous rule.

-The league week runs Monday-Sunday. Players will be informed of their opponent for the week no later than Monday morning.

-If you have attempted to contact your opponent and have received no response after 48 hours, contact me to let me know. I will then attempt to contact your opponent as well. If I receive no response, the battle will be deemed a forfeit on the following Monday morning. If for some reason, you can't complete a battle in the given week, let me know before Monday morning and I will grant an extension. It is important to communicate with your opponents, and me when needed.

-Scheduling will attempt to be as even as possible. In other words, I will attempt to make sure that a player doesn't have far more matches against a particular player than others.

-Players who feel they might miss a week can make up a match (or play it early if it will be the 3rd week of the month) if they contact me ahead of time to let me know.

-If there is enough interest to warrant it, a Duos division will be created where players form teams of 2 and compete there in addition to in the Singles division.

-At the start of the event, or in the event that a Championship is vacated, play will continue as normal, and the two highest ranking players going into the last week of the month will face off to determine a new Champion.

-Both players should post the result of a battle in this thread. A posted battle video, however, will also make a result official. Please make an effort to post the battle video so that I can have it for battle recaps and Pokémon usage tracking.

-League Procedures are subject to amendments as needed to improve the event.

Battle Procedures

-Each non-title match is a single battle (meaning 1 battle). The format of the battle (Single/Double/Triple/Rotation) is chosen by the player who is ranked higher. Additional battle stipulations can be made, provided that they are agreed upon by both players. (For example, both players may agree that only Normal-type Pokémon may be used.) This is not required, and does not award any bonus points, but allows players a measure of creativity if they choose to use it.

-If two players are tied in points entering a battle, the default format is Single. It may be changed if both players agree on a different format. Additional stipulations fall under the same guideline.

-Title matches are best of 3 and the format is set by the Champion. The Champion may suggest additional stipulations, but the Challenger must agree to them.

-Battles will be conducted under Normal Rules to set all Pokémon to Lv. 50 and allow 6 Pokémon per player.

-No two Pokémon on a player's team may hold the same Item.

-The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned.

-The ability Moody is banned.

-The items Soul Dew, BrightPowder, and Lax Incense are banned.

-A player is not allowed to put more than one opposing Pokémon to sleep using a move that induces the sleep status. (Known as the Sleep Clause in most circles.)

-Pokémon deemed to be illegal (moveset or stats) will result in forfeiture of the match, and possible removal from the game.

-If both players' final Pokémon faint on the same turn, the battle is determined to be a draw.

-If the time limit for the battle expires, the battle is determined to be a draw.

-Battle Procedures are subject to amendments as needed to improve the event.

Banned Pokémon

The following Pokémon may not be used by players:
Mewtwo
Lugia
Ho-oh
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Deoxys
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin - Sky Forme
Arceus
Reshiram
Zekrom
Kyurem - Black or White
Genesect
Xerneas
Yveltal
Hoopa - Unbound Forme

How to Join

To join the event, post in this thread with the following information:

Name: This is the name you want to be referred to during the event. In theory, it would be the same as your trainer name in game, but this is entirely up to you. It can be first and last, just first, just last, however you want to be identified.
Nickname: Optional. You may give your player a nickname.
Friend Code: This is self-explanatory.
Hometown: Pick a place in the Pokémon world. It doesn't matter if someone has already chosen it.
Theme Song: This will be used for battle videos and is also optional. Providing a link to said song will be helpful too.
Methods of Contact: Please list your 2 preferred methods of contact, and links to those methods where necessary. You may list more than 2 if you'd like, but we need at least 2.

Once you post your info, I will contact you via PM to confirm your entry. You will not be scheduled for any battles until you respond to my message.

Here is a sample, and my official entry:

Name: Alexander Alberts
Nickname: The Emerald Knight
Friend Code: 1993-7579-0707
Hometown: Celadon City
Theme Song: Hunting a Stormy Tornado by Kyungwon Lee (Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ey7iYbgUuKM)
Method of Contact 1: Facebook - facebook.com/albasler
Method of Contact 2: Forum PM

There you have it. If there are any questions, feel free to post and ask.

Last Edited By: IONAurethious May 2 16 6:02 AM. Edited 33 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Feb 14 14 12:29 PM

Re: ION Pokémon League

My oh my, thinks are *heatig up* around here.

Name: Jeff
Nickname: "The man with a soul that burns bright!"
Friend Code: 2251-4229-2657
Hometown: Lavaridge Town
Theme Song: Blow Me Away

Do we have any sort of limitations on Pokemon or teams? Can we use whatever we want (within the rules) or will we all have to pick certain Pokemon at the start? Also are we allowed to use Showdown?

Death will not balk.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Feb 14 14 1:03 PM

Hageshii01 wrote:
Do we have any sort of limitations on Pokemon or teams? Can we use whatever we want (within the rules) or will we all have to pick certain Pokemon at the start? Also are we allowed to use Showdown?

There are no limitations on teams. You may use anything that isn't banned. You may switch teams from one match to the next. It's entirely up to you.

As far as Showdown goes, I'm not a huge fan. It'll cramp the style of the battle videos somewhat too (provided I can make the recording process work). Generally, it auto-maxes IVs, which I'm not a huge fan of. At this point, I'll say no. It doesn't completely close the book on it and might be considered as a last resort if players can't connect for some reason through their 3DS. I'd just prefer people play organically, so to speak, through the medium the game was meant for.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Feb 18 14 9:14 AM

Just as a heads up, if we end up starting this thing with an odd number of people, for the first 3 weeks only, everyone is going to need to have 2 battles per week so that no one is shortchanged in their chance to earn points before a champion is crowned.

Quote    Reply   

UWorlds

#6 [url]

Feb 18 14 5:19 PM

Sign me up as well. I'll edit this post later with the relevant info when I find the time, but I'm definitely interested in participating.
EDIT: Hometown/Theme Song are now provided.

Name: Steven
Nickname: UWorlds
Hometown: Cerulean City
Theme Song: http://youtu.be/iV2ZrR9WJLE?t=5m24s (link contains the place in the song I'd like it starting at)

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1977 0441 8035

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Feb 18 14 7:49 PM

Sounds awesome!

Name: Andy
Nickname: Dactyl
Friend Code: 1332-8994-9192
Hometown: New Bark Town
Theme Song: TBA

Black 2 FC: 0347 7129 7168
Andy (xDactyl) - 1332-8994-9192

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Feb 24 14 12:20 AM

currently debating on entering haven't had a lot of free time. that and I haven't formed good teams yet just kinda fiddled with projects a lot just for fun. like no guard golurk and golem. things that don't really win but i just like them.

3ds fc: 3007-8684-9639
Safari: combee illumise pinsir (yeah i know it sucks)

XBL/Nintendo Net: St3lar

PSN: EffYooSeaCay23

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Feb 24 14 7:38 AM

Hey guys, we're a week away from kickoff. I want to throw this out here for those of you who are interested. If you want to create a logo for yourself, feel free. No one has to. My battle video concept will involve a screen before the battle to introduce each player. Your theme song will play, and it will list things like your win/loss record and current ranking. If you have a logo, I'll throw it up there to. Totally up to you guys.

Also, and this is much more important... let's really see if we can do a full court press to get a few more people involved at the start. If AJ joins, that puts us at 7. Having at least 8 at the beginning would be nice. I know Jeff and Steven have posted about the league on Facebook, which is awesome and much appreciated. Spread the word as much as you can. The more players we have, the more diverse and fun this will be. I plan on doing another Blog/Facebook/Twitter post today.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Feb 24 14 9:23 PM

I have a friend who said he will join but has yet to sign up. I'll try to harass him.

Death will not balk.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Feb 25 14 7:14 AM

Hageshii01 wrote:
I have a friend who said he will join but has yet to sign up. I'll try to harass him.

Are we talking about Cam or someone else?

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Feb 25 14 12:10 PM

IONAurethious wrote:
ObsidianEagle wrote:
Hageshii01 told me about this and it seems really cool.

Name: Michael
Nickname: The Ghostly Crusader
Friend Code: 2723-8388-9445
Hometown: Lavender Town
Theme Song: When You're Evil http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTuhuon1j6U

Welcome aboard! We're glad to have you!

I see your question has been answered in the best way possible.

Death will not balk.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Feb 25 14 11:12 PM

quick question are the battle going to be held as open level or level 50 all

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Feb 26 14 7:21 AM

st3lar wrote:
quick question are the battle going to be held as open level or level 50 all

We're going to use Normal Rules, so it will be 6 vs. 6 at Lv. 50. This will make it easier on people so they won't need to level up to 100. I'll update the rules in the first post to reflect this.

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Mar 1 14 8:58 PM

Screw it im in....don't have high hopes but eh.

Name: AJ
Nickname: (Cant think of one sorry. not as confident as i use to be don't want to look too cocky)
Friend Code: check the signature
Hometown: Oreburgh City
Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofVwGpugOs0

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Mar 2 14 1:57 PM

Looks like we're going to be 8 to start with, which is a nice starting point. I've updated the OP with everyone's FC.

As far as Zygarde goes, I'm going to take it off the banned list. No one voiced any dissent and I needed to make a call before tomorrow. Going forward, and this goes for any rule or Pokemon, if you feel something should be changed, either post it here or let me know. Generally, I'll probably start a new thread for any proposed rule changes and people can discuss there. I'm open to all discussions, so don't hesitate to bring anything up.

The league starts tomorrow. I'll post the first week's schedule first thing tomorrow morning.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help