Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Mar 2 14 5:13 PM

Re: ION Pokémon League

Why unbanning Zygarde? Honest question; is it not that good for some reason? I don't care that much either way.

Death will not balk.

Friend Code: 2251-4229-2657

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

UWorlds

#22 [url]

Mar 2 14 6:53 PM

Well, for one, Zygarde is only a BST 600 Pokemon, not 680 like the other members of its trio. It's pretty much a bulkier, less offensive version of Garchomp from what I can tell (Note: I have had no experience using or facing against a Zygarde, so I could be wrong with how well it performs in battle).

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1977 0441 8035

Quote    Reply   

Zero17

#23 [url]

Mar 3 14 12:53 AM

Zygarde is basically what Steven said, kind of like how Kyurem is legal because it's not as good as it's two brothers lol.

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Mar 3 14 4:45 AM

Hageshii01 wrote:
Why unbanning Zygarde? Honest question; is it not that good for some reason? I don't care that much either way.

Basically, what Steven and Zero said. After AJ asked me about it, I read what I could find and the general feeling was that it wasn't that powerful. If it turns out to be otherwise, we can always add it back on.

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Mar 3 14 4:52 AM

Ok everyone, the start of the league is upon us! Each Monday morning, I will post the schedule for that week. I have a longer-term schedule set, but am only going to release it week by week in case we get new players in or someone leaves, or whatever the case may be, and it needs to be adjusted. The battles should be completed by the end of Sunday each week. If you're having trouble getting in contact with your opponent, let me know. Both players should post the result of the battle in the thread, but as long as someone posts the battle video, it will be considered official.

Since everyone is starting with 0 points, for this week's battles, the default format will be Single battles, unless both players agree for it to be something else. Here are the match-ups:

Hageshii01 vs. Zero17
IONAurethious vs. UWorlds
st3lar vs. xDactyl
ObsidianEagle vs. custos

Good luck to everyone!

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Mar 3 14 9:18 PM

Hey Custos, when do you want to battle? let me know like an hour ahead of time. i can do anytime tomorrow after like 4 work pending. and wednesday anytime.

The Lord of Time has arrived.

Quote    Reply   

custos

#27 [url]

Mar 6 14 12:14 PM

Well starting off with a loss..
It was a great Match I gave it a good shot with the trusty Gen 1 Friends
Battle vid 7W8W-WWWW-WWW6-WLB5

Let the games begin!

Quote    Reply   

Zero17

#29 [url]

Mar 6 14 7:05 PM

I just faced Jeff in some good battles.
We agreed to a best 2 of 3 battle.

I won 2-0
Here are the vids.
Battle 1) RUUW-WWWW-WWW6-WPGU

Battle 2) 9FPG-WWWW-WWW6-WPNX

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Mar 6 14 7:07 PM

Can confirm. Lost quite handily.

Death will not balk.

Friend Code: 2251-4229-2657

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

UWorlds

#32 [url]

Mar 8 14 4:16 PM

IONAurethious wrote:
I defeated Steven in a very close battle.

Video: TW7G-WWWW-WWW6-22JM

Confirmed. Came down to the wire, but once Dragonite got that second DD off and shook off burn with Lum, I knew it was over, lol.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1977 0441 8035

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Mar 8 14 10:06 PM

Reporting my game with a win. it could have gone either way one lucky crit was the decider in the game

PWQW-WWWW-WWW6-296X

3ds fc: 3007-8684-9639
Safari: combee illumise pinsir (yeah i know it sucks)

XBL/Nintendo Net: St3lar

PSN: EffYooSeaCay23

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Mar 9 14 6:17 AM

Great job everyone on your battles this week. Here are next week's battles. The underlined gets to choose the format. If neither player is underlined, then both players must agree on anything other than Single. As always, both players can agree on any other stipulations for the battle, such as Zero and Jeff did this week making it best 2 out of 3.

custos vs. Hageshii01
st3lar vs. UWorlds
xDactyl vs. IONAurethious
Zero17 vs. ObsidianEagle

You may get a headstart and play today if that works for players. Otherwise, battles must be done by the end of next Sunday (3/16).

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Mar 11 14 4:30 AM

Hageshii01 wrote:
IONAurethious wrote:
I did a recap for the first week of battles. Any feedback on this is welcome. I'm going to do this for every week of the league.

http://iongamecorner.wordpress.com/2014 ... ap-332014/

Reading this made me feel like less of a failure. XD Thanks.

Haha. Glad to be of service. I do my best not to bury anyone when I do these things. Especially since sometimes one or two turns completely swing a battle one way or another. From what I can see, no one here is completely overmatched, which is great.

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Mar 11 14 5:20 PM

Reporting a loss to Al, though I had a blast, so not too salty. Triples are fun!

Black 2 FC: 0347 7129 7168
Andy (xDactyl) - 1332-8994-9192

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help