Remove this ad

Lead

Dec 14 13 4:19 PM

Tags : :

Hey guys,

Paul and I have already talked about this, but I'm opening up the discussion for everyone.

Today, Paul and Terry told me that the "tournaments" at P&T are done. They said we're still welcome to come in and play if we'd like, but they're not going to tell anyone else that there are tournaments at the store.

This isn't really surprising. We've all been pretty sporadic as of late. With only 4 or so of us being regulars, it makes it hard to tell people to come in if there's a chance that 2 or more of us might not be there on a specific week. On the surface, this doesn't really affect us, as we could still keep on doing what we're doing. However, this is pretty much the nail in the coffin for any chance of potential growth there.

What we do from here depends on what we really want out of Yu-Gi-Oh at the moment. If we're just looking to get together and play, we have two options, staying a P&T or just getting together at someone's house to play. If we decide the latter, we can work out the logistics at that point. I'd need to sit down with Jamie and discuss it obviously before even considering hosting.

If we're looking to play in tournaments and play with more people, we're going to have to seek out another place to play. The one thing we lose with this is the ability to host ION events. That may come back in time if wherever we go is comfortable with it. Off the top of my head, here are the options there:

Battleground Abington: Sundays at noon. I like Battleground. The owner is awesome and it's a good store. However, there's zero chance of me playing Sundays during football season. Even after football season, Sundays aren't the best because that's generally the one weekend day we have Ashleigh. Summer is a different story, but that's a ways away.

Battleground Plainville: Saturdays at 7:30 PM. That time kinda sucks. And Plainville is a bit of a hike. I put it here because they just started doing Yu-Gi-Oh, so it might be easier to get a foot in there, and possibly get an earlier time.

Wizards Duel: Not a fan of this place, but it is the closest to P&T and it has a ton of Yu-Gi-Oh going on all weekend. I'll leave it at that.

What do you guys think?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

custos

#1 [url]

Dec 14 13 9:02 PM

Re: New Place To Play

Well Al We will see what we will do. So are they not gonna order anything else anymore? Or are they just canceling our tourney's?

Let the games begin!

Quote    Reply   

Zero17

#2 [url]

Dec 15 13 2:31 AM

Surprising? no, stupid? yes.
That was the only chance they had of getting any other or new Yugioh players.
It's not like it had any negative effect on them at all.

So lets look at the options at hand for right now.

Continuing going to P&T or meeting up somewhere are pretty much the same thing.
Basically continuing what we have been doing, I guess the main difference would be
that meeting up somewhere could be much more fun and relaxed depending on where.

Now if we want to go to play with more people and have the tournament structure then
it really depends on why.
If it is for the hopes of doing ION specific events, then it will be very hard to do, mostly because
of needing strong ties and permission.
If it is just to do the tournaments for the Yugioh game itself with more people, depends on where and when.

Battleground Abington sounds nice, but if Al is not going to be able to do Sundays then it is
just a place that has tournaments to go to and not for us all to play at together.

Wizards Duel......... not a chance in hell, if I want to get serious and smack around arrogant players I would
just go back to stomping regionals.

Battleground Plainville is the most ideal of the three choices. We could get to know people there and possible build
up to better things. However it comes down to how realistic and consistently we could all get there.

So these are our options at hand.... it may not be so bad.
For now I guess we should continue to go to P&T while all this is figured out.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Dec 15 13 7:10 AM

custos wrote:
Well Al We will see what we will do. So are they not gonna order anything else anymore? Or are they just canceling our tourney's?

Just not having tournaments anymore. They said they're still going to do the sneak peeks.

Quote    Reply   

custos

#4 [url]

Dec 15 13 1:23 PM

Well their tourneys were Tuesday nights so we can just continue what we have been doing. Or they don't want us doing our tourneys anymore?

Let the games begin!

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Dec 15 13 3:08 PM

They don't want us doing tournaments anymore. We can go in and play, but if someone calls or otherwise asks, they won't say, "We have tournaments on Saturdays at 2."

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help