Remove this ad

Lead

Feb 1 13 3:04 PM

Tags : :

Overview
In the Kanto War Game, teams will battle to attempt to control the entire region of Kanto. Each player will be part of a team of 3 that will work together to try and control every area on the map.

Event Teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QxTTOeRYg4

The campaign will begin on Saturday, March 2nd. The deadline to register is Sunday, February 24th.

Registered Teams/Players (Leaders in Bold)

Ultraviolet (Color - Purple): Hageshii01, thewhitefedora8, Barefootbandit
Heroes Organized for the Protection of Everyone (HOPE) (Color - Blue): Zero17, Strife, IONAurethious
Team Cataclysm (Color - Green): UWorlds, xDactyl, Chiba Pika
Team Upstairs (Color - Red): traba1023, st3lar, Sethyas

Undeclared Players:

Rules & Procedures
-Each team will consist of 3 players.
-Each team will pick one member to be the Team Leader.
-Each player will create a team of 6 Pokémon to start with. No player may have a Pokémon classified as Legendary (see below) on his/her original team. Each player's Pokémon team must be submitted by Thursday, February 28th.
-A team may not have more than one Pokémon with the same National Pokédex number. For example, if Player A on Team A has a Venusaur, no other player on Team A may have a Venusaur.
-If a player chooses a Pokémon that has multiple forms that do not change during battle, that player must declare which form they are using and it cannot be changed.
-Each team selects a starting area. Starting area selection order will be chosen at random. Teams may not start in the following areas: Victory Road, Mt. Silver, Viridian City, Cerulean City, Rock Tunnel, Power Plant, Fushcia City, Seafoam Islands, Cinnabar Island
-Each area on the map will have a Pokémon type associated with it. When a team controls an area (this includes a team's starting area), each player on the team may add a Pokémon of that area's type to their team. This includes dual-types. For example, if your team controls Celadon City or Fushcia City, you may add a Venusaur to your team. Each player must declare what Pokémon they are adding. If your team loses an area, you may no longer use the Pokémon you gained from control of that area. Players may not switch Pokémon acquired once declared. If a team loses and later regains an area, a new Pokémon of that area's type may be added.
-Some areas on the map will be home to Legendary Pokémon. If a team controls that area, it will have control of that Legendary Pokémon and be permitted to use it in battle. Only one member of the team may control a particular Legendary Pokémon during a given battle. The Team Leader shall designate who may use it, and this must be declared when submitting the team's Lineup (see below).
-Each phase of gameplay is referred to as a Week. This is not an actual calendar week.
-At the start of each Week, each team is permitted to choose on area that is adjacent to an area it controls to attempt to take control of. This decision must be made and announced (sent to me) the first day of the new Week. Failure to do so will result in a forfeit of the team's move for the Week. If the area is neutral, the team gains control. If it is occupied, the two teams will battle for control of the area.
-A team may not attack another team's starting location on the first Week. No team will be allowed to be surrounded on both sides of their starting area by teams selecting their starting areas.
-When a battle is to take place, the Team Leader of each team must submit a Lineup of battlers on the team. The Lineup is the order of battlers on the team. This determines the individual match-ups within the battle. The first person on Team A's Lineup faces the first person on Team B's and so on. Whichever team wins the majority of the individual match-ups will be declared the victor of the battle. If the attacking team wins, it gains control of the area. If the defending team wins, it keeps control of the area. In the event of a draw, the defending team keeps control of the area.
-The defending team team will choose the battle format (Single, Double, Triple, Rotation).
-Each individual match-up is a best 2 out of 3 battles.
-Players may not substitute Pokémon between battles of a match.
-If more than one team attempts to control the same unoccupied area, those team will fight for control and the battle will be under Single battle format.
-If more than one team attempts to attack the same occupied area, those team teams will have to battle for the chance to attack the defenders of that area. Each Team Leader chooses a representative for the team to battle. The two representatives battle and the winner of the match gives his/her team the right to attack the defenders of the area. The losing team may select another move to make for the Week.
-If two teams controlling adjacent areas launch from and attack the same two areas, one match will determine who controls both area.
-Diglett's Cave allows a team to move between an occupied area that is connected to it and any other connected area. For example, a team that controls Pewter City would be able to attempt to take either Fuschia City, Lavender Town, or Vermilion City.
-Once all battles are completed, the game advances to the next Week and the process repeats.
-If a team loses all of its controlled areas, that team is eliminated from the game.
-The last team standing is declared the winner.

Battle Rules
-No two Pokémon on a player's team may hold the same Item.
-The moves Sky Drop, Double Team, and Minimize are banned.
-The items Soul Dew and BrightPowder are banned.
-A player is not allowed to put more than one opposing Pokémon to sleep using a move that induces the sleep status. (Known as the Sleep Clause in most circles.)
-A player who uses a Pokémon that is not listed on his/her team's roster will result in forfeiture of the match.
-Pokémon deemed to be illegal (moveset or stats) will result in forfeiture of the match, and possible removal from the game.
-If both players' final Pokémon faint on the same turn, the match is determined to be a draw.

Areas
The following are the areas up for control and the type associated with each:
Indigo Plateau - Dragon
Victory Road - Fighting
Mt. Silver - Steel
Pewter City - Rock
Viridian Forest - Bug
Viridian City - Ground
Pallet Town - None (Players may choose any starter Pokémon or Pikachu/Raichu)
Cinnabar Island - Fire
Seafoam Islands - Ice
Fuschia City - Poison
Vermilion City - Electric
Lavender Town - Ghost
Saffron City - Psychic
Celadon City - Grass
Power Plant - Flying
Rock Tunnel - Dark
Cerulean City - Water
Cerulean Cave - None (Explained in Special Legendary section)
Mt. Moon - Normal

Legendary Pokémon
The following Pokémon are classified as Legendary and cannot be used on a player's team (Unless the team meets the requirements listed in the sections below this one):
Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Mew, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, Regigigas, Giratina, Cresselia, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Tornadus, Thundurus, Reshiram, Zekrom, Landorus, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meleotta, Genesect

The following Legendary Pokémon are available for teams to control via controlling its designated area. Any Pokémon listed as roaming will randomly appear and be assigned to an area once all areas are claimed. No area will have more than 1 Legendary Pokémon.
Articuno - Seafoam Islands
Zapdos - Power Plant
Moltres - Mt. Silver
Raikou - roaming
Entei - roaming
Suicune - roaming
Latias - roaming
Latios - roaming

Special Legendary Pokémon:
Mewtwo - To control Mewtwo a team must control the the following 5 areas: Pewter City, Mt. Moon, Cerulean City, Cerulean Cave, Rock Tunnel
Mew - Mew, in an attempt to maintain balance in Kanto, wishes to avoid having one force dominate the region. Mew comes to the aid of a team in danger of being eliminated. Any team whose last area(s) is under attack gains the assistance of Mew for that battle(s) to defend their area(s).

How to Join
If you wish to take part in the game, post in this thread. When you do, please post your player's name. It can be your actual name or a created character, whichever you'd like. Players are allowed to choose their own teams, so if you have a team formed, you may post that here as well, but all players must post here to be considered registered.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Zero17

#2 [url]

Feb 1 13 4:50 PM

Re: ION OP: Kanto War Game

I'm here for my conquest.

After thinking about the battle options, I think we should use option 1.
It comes down to why you should win. In option 1 it's all about how good a team is
with their weakest member. In option 2 it's about how good a team is with their strongest member.

A part of being a leader is to bring out the best of their team members and that is why it's the most important role, not
because the leader is the strongest trainer and can just carry their team to victory.

So I guess just think about it.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Feb 1 13 5:34 PM

I like that reasoning. I'm leaning in that direction.

I am also officially entering. I will not lead a team unless my teammates want me to. So, my services are open for a team that wants me.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Feb 2 13 2:14 PM

It's been brought to my attention that allowing player to select their own teams may result in an uneven playing field. I would be fine with either allowing players to choose or randomly assigning teams. I'll leave it up to you all to decide. Let me know what you think is better and the majority will have it. I'll leave this debate open for the weekend.

Quote    Reply   

Zero17

#5 [url]

Feb 2 13 3:09 PM

I think random is the way to go, at least to start with.
If random screws us, then we must take it in our own hands, but
until then, it will be much more even teams than the strongest players
just banding together for a total take over.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Feb 4 13 8:52 AM

There was no real strong sentiment either way on the team selection issue. So, for this campaign, players will be allowed to select their own teams. If you have any teammates, please denote it in the thread.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Feb 4 13 1:56 PM

The Misfits have decided Kanto seems like it is to organized and we want in on this, my older brother will be joining as well he is just finishing up some details. I am finishing up clearing up some rules and everything but I can have a team put together of Mahogany towns best pokemon it can offer and I will be asking Hageshii to join in our quest.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Feb 4 13 1:59 PM

thewhitefedora8 wrote:
The Misfits have decided Kanto seems like it is to organized and we want in on this, my older brother will be joining as well he is just finishing up some details. I am finishing up clearing up some rules and everything but I can have a team put together of Mahogany towns best pokemon it can offer and I will be asking Hageshii to join in our quest.

I will accept your offer. Together we can rule the galaxy as father and son!

Death will not balk.

Friend Code: 2251-4229-2657

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Feb 4 13 2:05 PM

Hageshii01 wrote:
thewhitefedora8 wrote:

I will accept your offer. Together we can rule the galaxy as father and son!

And the alliances have begun...

Don't forget everyone to come up a name for your Team/Gang/WhateverYouWantToBeReferredToAs. Feel free to create a logo for your team or I can, no big deal. Backstories or goals of the team are highly encouraged as well. Much like the IPL, I plan to put pages up for every team.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#12 [url]

Feb 4 13 4:48 PM

thewhitefedora8 wrote:
Also evasion clause, i am saying that right now I want that in place, no evasion items or moves or abilities.

Double Team and Minimize are banned, it's in the rules already. I'll consider adding the ability Moody as well. I'm not comfortable with banning the weather-based evasion abilities if that's what you're referring to.

Quote    Reply   

custos

#17 [url]

Feb 4 13 8:49 PM

I ask that Zero be a leader of a new team and that I would like to be the first new member of his team!!!

Let the games begin!

Quote    Reply   

Zero17

#18 [url]

Feb 4 13 8:53 PM

strife wrote:
I ask that Zero be a leader of a new team and that I would like to be the first new member of his team!!!

LOL, okay I accept.
We can figure out a team name and find the last member later.

Quote    Reply   

custos

#19 [url]

Feb 4 13 8:54 PM

Zero17 wrote:
strife wrote:

LOL, okay I accept.
We can figure out a team name and find the last member later.

Yea that's going to be the fun part!!

Let the games begin!

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Feb 4 13 10:36 PM

What's the word on evasion ITEMS? Like Bright Powder?

Death will not balk.

Friend Code: 2251-4229-2657

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help