Remove this ad

Lead

Sep 12 12 7:00 AM

Tags : :

As some of you may or may not know by now, NCSoft has announced that it is shutting down City of Heroes. The entire staff of Paragon Studios has been laid off and, as of now, November 30th will be the last day that the servers are up for the game.

I hesitated initially putting up a forum for the game since all signs point to the game going offline in about two and a half months. I've been playing COH for over eight years. I have met some great friends through the game and am saddened by this latest turn of events. However, led by the folks over at Titan Network, the community has banded together in an attempt to save COH. It's been nice to see the way that the community, which has always been considered one of the best in any MMO, has come together to support this cause. I wanted to bring attention to their efforts here. I'm not sure in the end if it was be successful, but either way, the players of COH aren't going down without a fight.

I plan on reaching out to TonyV of Titan in the next few days to see if he would be interested in joining me on the ION GameCast to talk about COH and what Titan is trying to do to save the game. If that's going to happen, I'll update here. Until then, check out the forums over at Titan to see the #SaveCOH effort.

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Oct 16 12 7:36 AM

Re: #SaveCOH

Any new progress towards saving CoH or is it still planned to be taken down at the end of nov?

"YOLO"....False! True Gamers Always Respawn!

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Oct 16 12 10:25 AM

Re: #SaveCOH

I had a few COH players on the ION GameCast last weekend to talk about this. As of now, the game is still ending on November 30th. I don't think that's going to change. Maybe NCsoft decides to sell the IP, but it sounds like they have no intention of entertaining offers. Right now, Titan's efforts have gone pretty much to trying to reverse engineer the game. What they'll be able to do with only about a month and a half left, I'm not sure.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help