Remove this ad

Lead

Sep 11 12 8:47 AM

Tags : :

UPDATED STATUS 11/30/2012
We have hit the minimum number of players to launch the league. The league will begin on Saturday, December 15th. Registration deadline is Thursday, December 6th.

Registered Players - Teams - Friend Codes
Al Basler - Celadon City Knights - 4986 3129 7322
Maelstromz - Mossdeep City Rocketeers - 0218 9127 3517
Nick Oliveira - Twinleaf Titans - 4814 4777 5068
Johnny - Jubilife Juggernauts - 0777 3534 2143
Awesome - Undella A's - 5029 3051 8011
UWorlds - Cerulean Stars - 4513 8435 7324
Traba1023 - Olivine Obliterators - 2323 3941 7258
Hageshii01 - Lavaridge Firestarters - 4900 4802 0999
LanceKing2200 - Saffron City Sizzlers - 2538 1424 7143
Zero - Pallet Town Heroes - 0133 0706 1123
Siphox - Viridian's Vengeance - 3354 2598 8379
Thewhitefedora8 - Mahogany Town Misfits - 2924 6928 9104
Custos - Indigo Plateau Judgments - 0691 3813 8809
Anthony - Sootopolis Slayers - 2194 5707 4136

Inactive Teams:
Volaro - Mauville Marauders
Jeffolas - Blackthorn Blazers

League Registration
To register for the league, players must post in this thread with the following info:
-Player's Name
-Team Name - This is like a sports team name. Players can select a city or town from the Pokémon games and choose a team nickname. Example: Pallet Powerhouses. Players can choose to include or exclude the word City of Town from team name. Offensive names will not be allowed.
-Team Roster (Due 12/6) - 10 Pokémon to be used on the team
-Home Field Format (Due 12/6) - What format player wishes to use for home games (single, double, triple, or rotation)

League Procedures
-Team Roster (Due 2 days before start of the league): Players will be allowed 10 Pokémon on their roster to choose from for each match. All rosters will be posted on the website.
-Players will select their home field battle format (Single, Double, Triple, or Rotation) prior to the start of the season.
-Each player will have one match per week. (This can be changed to a week to get a match in once every match from the previous week is done. This is up to you guys.)
-Players will be responsible for coordinating a time to play with their opponents. It is suggested to use the forum's private messaging for this in order to not clutter the thread up.
-Matches will be conducted over Wi-Fi on Generation V games.
-Matches will be 6 vs. 6 Level 100 "No Restriction" Battles. The home team's format will dictate the type of battle.
-Matches will be best 2 out of 3 battles.
-Players may substitute Pokémon in their lineup between battles in a match, provided that the substitutes are listed on the player's roster and follow lineup restrictions.
-Both players will be responsible for reporting the result of the match in this thread to make the result official.

Playoffs
At the conclusion of the regular season, an 8-team single-elimination playoff will be held to determine the champion. The top 4 players from each conference will advance to the playoffs.

Rules
-A player's team may not have more than one Pokémon with the same National Pokédex number.
-No two Pokémon on a player's team may hold the same Item.
-The move Sky Drop is banned.
-The item Soul Dew is banned.
-A player is not allowed to put more than one opposing Pokémon to sleep using a move that induces the sleep status. (Known as the Sleep Clause in most circles.)
-A player who uses a Pokémon that is not listed on his/her team's roster will result in forfeiture of the match.
-Pokémon deemed to be illegal (moveset or stats) will result in forfeiture of the match, and possible removal from the league.
-If both players' final Pokémon faint on the same turn, the match is determined to be a draw. The exception to this rule will be in the playoffs, where the match will go to a sudden death, first player to knock out an opponent's Pokémon wins.

Tie-Breaking Procedures
In the event of a tie in the standings at the end of the regular season, places will be determined by the following, in this order:
1. Head-to-head record
2. Conference record
3. Total number of battles won
If a tie hasn't been broken by this point, the following will be used depending on the situation:
4. If both teams are guaranteed playoff spots, a coin toss will determine seeding.
4. If the breaking of tie will eliminate a team, a one battle playoff will be held to determine who advances.

Restricted Pokémon
The following Pokémon are not allowed on a player's team:
-Mewtwo
-Mew
-Lugia
-Ho-oh
-Celebi
-Kyogre
-Groudon
-Rayquaza
-Jirachi
-Deoxys
-Dialga
-Palkia
-Giratina
-Phione
-Manaphy
-Darkrai
-Shaymin
-Arceus
-Victini
-Reshiram
-Zekrom
-Kyurem
-Keldeo
-Meleotta
-Genesect

Players are allowed ONE from the list of the following Pokémon in their active lineup:
-Articuno
-Zapdos
-Moltres
-Raikou
-Entei
-Suicune
-Regirock
-Regice
-Registeel
-Latias
-Latios
-Uxie
-Mesprit
-Azelf
-Heatran
-Regigigas
-Cresselia
-Cobalion
-Terrakion
-Virizion
-Tornadus
-Thundurus
-Landorus

Original Proposal:

ION Organized Play Proposal - The ION Pokémon League (Left in thread for informational and future usage purposes)

I've been kicking around several ideas for an organized Pokémon league format that I'd like to try and get going. When I say league, I'm not talking about the format in the game's story with gym leaders and the like. I'm referring to a sports league-type format. Here's a general description of each idea and people can give their thoughts on each one.

-Single League Format: This is the easiest one. I design a schedule and we play through the schedule leading to the playoffs. The only restrictions on these will be a list of certain Pokémon, likely to resemble the official competition one, but there is room to adjust that.

-Team League Format: Similar to the single league, but this one involves players teaming together to form teams. First thought would be teams of 3, but there is room to discuss the specifics.

-Draft League Format: This one I think could be really interesting. The league would conduct the Pokémon equivalent of a fantasy draft. Each player would take turns selecting a Pokémon for their team until each person's roster is filled out. The catch to this format is that each Pokémon can only be on one team. For example, if Jimmy picks Venusaur, no one else will be able to. I think this could be a really interesting way to do something different. There would be a chance to trade the rights to use a certain Pokémon with other players, or release the rights and pick up a "free agent", so to speak.

Those are my initial format thoughts. If any of this interests anyone, and it is possible to run more than one format as separate leagues, post your thoughts. Once there is enough interest, we'll hammer out the details and work on getting it up and running.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Sep 28 12 5:11 PM

Re: IOP: ION Pokémon League

I'd be interested in any of the described leagues. While I am partial to the team league, the draft does seem interesting. It would certainly make it harder to cheese your way through.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Sep 29 12 11:23 AM

Once the new games have been out for about a month or so and people have a chance to play through the story, I'm going to start a push to try and get a league going. I figure once we have enough interest and get the logistics down, depending on the format, we'd be about a month or so out from being able to start. This would give people enough time to raise a team, especially needed if we go with the draft format.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Oct 2 12 2:32 PM

I would also be interested in joining the Ion Pokemon League. There is only one problem that could arise with the formats that are being discussed, with the exception to the team league (some people are just not born awesome) I will dominate the other two leagues. That being said I would like to suggests two additional leagues for consideration.

-Original League, Players are limited to using Generation One Pokemon only, with the exception of Mew/Mewtwo. Players are also limited to using 1 of the trio of legendary birds.

Reasons: Nostalgia. Also, Generation 1 Pokemon have been outclassed with the additional generation since the release, limiting their use in competitive battling.

-Rainbow League, Players are required to use Pokemon by type depicted by a rainbow.
Red- Fighting
Orange- Fire
Yellow- Electric
Green- Grass
Blue- Water
Indigo/Violet- Flying/ Poison or Psychic

More of a gimmick league if anything, though I like the principle idea of it. This would in turn ban an numerous amount of Pokemon and it would have to be discuss if dual typing could be used. My personal opinion is yes, as long as both typing fall into a category listed above, but maybe limiting the amount of dual types to 3. Feedback on this idea would be appreciated.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Oct 2 12 7:01 PM

Steve, I like those ideas. Maybe not as full scheduled leagues, but as special tournament ideas, I think they would really shine. I'd run them as either if there is enough interest. I think having a special tournament with themes like that will be a good to do here and there to help keep things fresh.

As far as the specifics of the rainbow concept, you could keep it to the type or go full on rainbow with the actual color of the Pokémon. I tried pitching the idea of using all grey Pokémon as a gym leader concept for the PAX Pokémon League using the Pokédex color classification, but there was some debate of how strong the theme was and some of the ones classified as grey could probably be considered another color. I think the dual-type thing is hazy and can cause issues because I think some types have so few mono-types to choose from (like, Fire, for example) that it might be too limiting. Overall though, I think the general concept could be fun.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Nov 8 12 10:08 AM

It's been about a month and I've finished both Black 2 and White 2. So, it's time to really start pushing this thing. I'm going to start advertising it on Facebook and Twitter and I'm going to mention it on the PAX Pokémon League forum.

The general concept is to play out a schedule, I'm thinking one match a week to give people time to connect. I want to get opinions and suggestions about what format (Single, Team, Draft, other) to use. Once I have 8 people interested, we'll go forward with detail planning, such as rules, and get the ball rolling.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Nov 12 12 2:42 PM

So far, there's about 4 interested people. Looks like we're probably going to go with the Single Format. Team is an option if we get enough interest to warrant it. Once I have 8 people confirmed, this thread will be updated with rules to be voted on.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Nov 14 12 9:32 AM

I have about 8 interested people, so I have updated the OP of this thread with a proposed set of rules. To register for the league, please post in this thread. If you have any feedback about the rules or league format, post it here as well by the end of the week. I would like to get this rolling in a couple of weeks at the latest.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Nov 26 12 8:42 AM

Updated OP with more definitive rules. Other rules that may be up for inclusion if people want them are:

Evasion Clause
Sleep Clause
Banned Soul Dew

Plus, any other suggestions people have. Post any suggestions or questions.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Nov 27 12 1:41 PM

Player Name: Nick Oliveira
Team Name: Twinleaf Titans
Team Roster: TBD

I figured Titans cause I was undefeated with them in Madden, might as well try it in Pok'e'mon

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Nov 30 12 8:08 AM

If anyone wants to design a logo for your team, feel free and I will use it on the website. Don't feel obligated to, I will create something for everyone who doesn't want to. If you don't want to create one, feel free to give me some team colors or I'll just wing it.

Quote    Reply   

UWorlds

#16 [url]

Nov 30 12 10:08 AM

Player Name: UWorlds
Team Name: Cerulean Stars
Team Roster: Politoed, Tornadus, Gyarados, Toxicroak, Starmie*, Ludicolo, Bronzong*, Lucario, Hydreigon, Gliscor
Home Field Format: Rotation
Friend Code: 4513 8435 7324

(Note: A * symbol denotes a shiny Pokemon in my roster.)

EDIT: Updated the info with my team roster, battle format, and friend code. Also threw my Skype ID in there as well as another means of getting a hold of me.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1977 0441 8035

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Nov 30 12 1:50 PM

I'll throw my hat into the ring if it is not too late to do so. I am happy to see there are a lot of different ideas being thrown around for format.

Player_Name: Jeffolas
Team_Name: Blackthorn Blazers
Team Roster: T.B.D

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Nov 30 12 1:56 PM

Jeffolas wrote:
I'll throw my hat into the ring if it is not too late to do so. I am happy to see there are a lot of different ideas being thrown around for format.

Player_Name: Jeffolas
Team_Name: Blackthorn Blazers
Team Roster: T.B.D

Not too late at all, you make the 8th person, so we've hit enough to get rolling. I will be posting here soon with a start date. Tentatively looking at December 8th.

There's still room for people to join, we're not limited to just 8. An even number though is ideal. Feel free to keep recruiting and sending Pokémon players here to join.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Nov 30 12 5:34 PM

Player_ Name: Volaro
Team_Name: The Mauville Marauders
Team_Roster: TBD

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help